Above is the Chinook 400Kg per hour Air Flow coffee roasting system. Chinook 400Kg/hour info request
Our coffee roasting systems are created to minimize operator input to the roasting process of predefined coffee blends for which the roasting profile parameters have been determined. This approach facilitates effective training of roasting operators, assures consistency between operators and broadens the skill set from which roasting operators can be chosen.
Below is a screen shot of three roasting cycles during a roasting day. This information and other detail data is retained for scrutiny should there be any later questions about the respective production.
Roasting compensation for the varying moisture content over time of the green coffee is automatically achieved without changing the original roasting recipe. We roast by accurate measurement (10 per second) of the bean temperature and provide a closed loop quality control system using roast colour graders such as the Agtron, Javalytics, etc.
Please see our Coffee roasting considerations (blog) for further discussion.
This system consists of the following components:
- Platform on which a pallet of green coffee can be placed and hopper for loading the silos
- 8 one Tonne green coffee storage silos
- Computerized weigher to prepare 50Kg load from up to 8 discrete coffees
- Chinook Air Flow dual chamber (roasting / cooling) coffee Roaster
- Very efficient cyclone with air lock to facilitate chaff container removal
- Adjustable exhaust conditioning afterburner cooled by preheated air for the roaster
- Vacuum transport of roasted coffee to silos
- Electronic pneumatic destoner & metal removal module
- Vacuum transport of roasted coffee to the form, fill and seal packaging machine
All Chinook Air Flow roasting systems utilize modular construction techniques. This approach facilitates damage free shipping, quick installation and rapid turn key operation. De-installation, transport and re-installation can be easily and quickly accomplished should the roasting facility need to relocate.
Quality assurance & test roasting can be accomplished after fabrication at our central facility. This, almost, eliminates the likelihood of component failure during installation and reduces the time to turn key operation.